Sometimes, the earphones fall out of sync. If, for example, both sides say 'pairing' but the sound is only from the right side then this indicates that the earbuds are no longer paired together. In this case, please put back both earphones in the charging case, wait 10 seconds and lift both at the same time. If this does not work, do a factory reset by following the instructions below.
Again, if the earphones do not pair to each other after being in the charging case for at least 10 seconds, then you should also do a factory reset, as explained below:
How to do it:
1. Put both earhones in the charging case.
2. "Forget" the earphones in your Bluetooth Devices. Fem should no longer be synced to your device. If you have connected Fem to multiple devices, forget Fem from all the devices.
3. Lift both earphones from the charging case.
4. Turn off both earbuds manually by pressing the touch buttons until the red light shines on both.
5. Press and hold the left earphone button until you see white light flash once --> blink in white and red --> white light flash twice. Repeat the same step for the right earbud.
6. Put both earphones back in the charging case and wait for at least 10 seconds.
7. Lift both earphones at the same time and make sure that you hold the earphones so that they touch. Both will blink separately. When one earbud blinks red and white and the other's light stays dark, that means means they are paired together once again.
8. Start bluetooth on your device again. and select "Sudio Fem" in the list.